The Superintendent will provide supervision for the complete daily operation of the project. The Superintendent is responsible for interfacing with owners, architects, municipalities and subcontractors from construction commencement through turnover and closeout. The Superintendents main focus is to manage the project schedule, quality control and maintain a safe working environment throughout the entire project site in order to keep the project moving forward quickly and efficiently.
• Provides daily supervision and direction to the subcontractors on location at the job sites
to insure that the project is completed in accordance with the project plan and specifications within the project timelines.
• Maintains daily logs of all job activity (subcontractors, inspectors, utility companies, weather conditions, etc.) to provide documentation of the project.
• Maintains the job schedule to insure that the subcontractors are effectively scheduled and informed of the job status.
• Monitors subcontractor purchase orders to insure compliance with contract specifications.
• Communicates with Project Manager and / or Project Coordinators of status updates and any potential issues which may disrupt the project.
• Compiles change orders, in a timely manner, to subcontractor purchase orders to insure that all changes are appropriately documented and communicated.
• Insures that the job is completed within the quality control guidelines.
• Coordinates required inspections with the local jurisdiction(s).
• Walks the project daily and makes notes of punch list action items. Compiles a final punch
list and works to resolve any outstanding issues prior to project completion and turnover.
• Maintains an orderly and safe job site to insure that all safety rules are adhered to
by all personnel on site.
• Performs other duties as required or requested.
• Three (3) years’ experience in commercial/industrial construction.
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite of software including Microsoft Project.
• Construction Management degree helpful but not required.
RECOMMENDED TRAINING / CERTIFICATIONS (Not Required)
• OSHA 30 hour
• CPR / First Aid / AED Training
• Lead / Asbestos Awareness
• Storm Water Certification
Please complete the form to apply for a position with us.